We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cooks In40 minutes
Nutrition per serving
Calories 486 24%
Fat 29.3g 42%
Saturates 11.2g 56%
Sugars 12.6g 14%
Protein 18.5g 37%
Carbs 34.4g 13%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 kg mixed tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 50 g basil leaves , plus a few extra to garnish
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 x 125 g balls of buffalo mozzarella
By Joss Herd
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Cut the garlic in half widthways and place in a large roasting tray with the tomatoes. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the tomatoes have burst. Take out the tray and leave to cool slightly.
Squeeze the roasted garlic from its skin and put into a blender with the roasted tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes (drained first), sugar, basil, vinegar and 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Blitz until smooth, then transfer to a jug and set aside to come up to room temperature.
- Heat a griddle pan and chargrill the sourdough on both sides.
- Serve the soup at room temperature in shallow bowls, with half a torn mozzarella ball in the centre of each, topped with basil leaves, cracked black pepper and a drizzle of oil, with the bread on the side for dunking.